WHY SHAHEEN LOVES IT?
SkinPen’s Collagen Induction Therapy is the all natural way to go! By triggering your skin’s natural wound healing processes, SkinPen is able to tackle fresh, remodeled skin without injecting any substances, or creating unnecessary heat, no chemicals, and no invasive injection’s. Instead, the first FDA- cleared microneedling device works with the skin to reveal your Inner glow. Nothing added, nothing wasted. SkinPen is suitable year-round, regardless of the skin tone or type which is just one of many reasons I love it!
HOW DOES SkinPen MICRONEEDLING WORK?
The fantastic thing about our bodies is that they have natural processes that react to injury by producing new cells and extracellular materials (like elastin and collagen) to heal. The SkinPen initiates this natural process with a finely tuned Microneedling pen by creating hundreds of temporary micro-sized openings in your skin.
While multiple sessions are typically recommended to achieve optimal results depending on your specific goals, noticeable changes can be seen just one week after treatment and gradually improve as the body’s healing process begins to take effect. Side effects are similar to a mild sunburn, such as redness, tenderness, and some swelling.
WHO IS IT FOR?
SkinPen Microneedling is safe for all skin types and promotes care free healing to address acne scars, fine lines, and wrinkles. It can also be used to decrease the appearance of stretch marks. It’s a fast and safe method that initiates the production of collagen and elastin in your skin.
WHAT SHOULD I EXPECT DURING A MICRONEEDLING TREATMENT?
Medical grade numbing cream is applied over the entire face for about 20-30 minutes prior to treatment to help make this treatment as comfortable as possible. Microneedling itself takes about 30 minutes! We will do passes on each section of the face. Once we are done, your skin will resemble that of a sunburn. This typically lasts 24-72 hours, but in the meantime, you should keep products to a minimum & No Makeup! It is highly recommended to do a series of 3 for optimal results!
SkinPen MICRONEEDLING PRE-TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
* This treatment cannot be preformed on pregnant or breastfeeding mothers
- Wait at least six months post isotretinoin (Accutane) use before your SkinPen procedure, as isotretinoin use may impair proper wound healing.
- Discontinue the use of topical products containing retinoids, Vitamin A, topical antibiotics, exfoliants, hydroquinone, sunburn, and benzoyl peroxide 3 days prior to procedure.
- Avoidance of IPL/Laser procedures for the past 7 days prior.
- No waxing, depilatory creams or electrolysis 5-7 days prior to the procedure.
- No topical agent that may increase skin sensitivity.
- No acids or exfoliants that may be drying or irritating to the skin (such as alpha hydroxyl acid (AHA) beta hydroxyl acids (BHA), exfoliating masks, hydroquinone, or benzoyl peroxide acne products).
- Avoid sun exposure for 24-48 hours prior to the procedure.
- If you have recently used spray or self tanning lotions on treatment areas before your SkinPen procedure, discuss with Shaheen.
- No shaving the day of the procedure.
- No significant changes in the skin recently reported including breakdown of skin or excess dryness or sunburn.
- This procedure may not be performed on active breakouts or open lesions. Please consult with Shaheen prior to your SkinPen Procedure.
- If you are prone to herpes simplex outbreaks, such as cold sores, consult with Shaheen & your primary doctor on ways to treat prior or whether the procedure is appropriate for you.
- Skin is clean without lotion, oil, makeup, deodorant, powder, perfume or sunscreen.
- If you are on autoimmune therapy, ask your primary care doctor if the procedure is appropriate for you.
DAY OF TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
- Omit lotions, creams, make up or deodorant in area to be treated.
- Arrive with clean washed skin.
- Inform provider of any changes in medical history and of all medications you are taking.
BEFORE AND AFTER IMAGES
POST SkinPen PROCEDURE GUIDELINES
The day of the procedure: Unexpected complications may occur when products NOT proven safe for use with microneedling are applied post-procedure.
Immediately after your SkinPen microneedling procedure, Shaheen will apply a thin coat of Skinfuse Lift HG and send you home with the remainder for nighttime application. Continue to use as needed. Exactly 24 hrs. Post Procedure you will apply Skinfuse Rescue Calming Complex. Please apply AM/PM for next 3-4 days or until you run out. Do not take any anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen, Motrin or Advil. These agents will interfere with the natural inflammatory process that is critical and responsible for your skin rejuvenation.
- Avoid strenuous exercise or excessive perspiration, as excess blood flow and sweat can cause discomfort and irritation to compromised skin for 72 hours.
- Skinfuse Lift HG may be applied additionally the day of the procedure to assist with skin hydration. Re-apply as needed, up to 24 hours post procedure.
- Strictly avoid sun exposure as you will not be wearing sunscreen day of procedure. You may return to sunscreen use 24 hours following the procedure. Continue to minimize sun exposure for 72 hours following the procedure.
- Redness or sensitivity might be present (and last up to a few days) after micro needling.
- Treat skin gently washing with a gentle cleanser, cool water, using hands only and pat dry no earlier than 24 hours after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure for 3 days and if possible 10 days. Apply a minimum of SPF 30 24 hours after procedure.
- Restart regular skin care regimen 5 days after procedure.
- recommended follow up and repeat treatments in 4 weeks and for best results a series of 3 – 6 treatments, although some may require more (acne scars, etc.).
CLIENT POST TREATMENT INSTRUCTIONS
“I want you to treat your skin as if it’s a open wound for the next 3-4 hours.”
Post Procedure: Really keep in mind that your skin is an opened wound. WASH YOUR HANDS!! Follow the specific skincare regimen provided with Skinfuse, Eminence and IsClinical Post Procedure Protocol & Client Post Treatment Instructions.
Day Of: Skinfuse Lift HG may be applied additionally the day of the procedure to assist with skin hydration. Reapply as needed, up to 24 hours post procedure. Let your skin recover and fully heal before putting on active products.
Day 1: Repeat these steps Until Day 5.
- Stone Crop Gel Wash: Cleansing AM/PM and Everyday After
- Skinfuse Rescue: PM After Cleansing
- Eclipse SPF 50+: AM Only
Day 5: Remodeling Phase
Day 7+: A week after the Micro-Needling procedure, most patients notice that their skin is smoother and more radiant. Continue with sun protection every day and reapply every 2 hours if outdoors.